Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why am I here?

Every. Single. Day. I think about quitting my job/ grad school. I dream about doing a gazillion other things. The irony is, I don't really dislike what I'm doing, I just don't want to be here. Does that make any sense? I think about writing a book. Or just blogging all the time. Or cooking and watching my baby grow up. About having 3 more babies.   I NEVER expected to like being a mom so much. 

The biggest problem, I suppose, is that I don't really know why I'm here. Why get a PhD if you don't plan to become a big research professor? I would far rather write a book than become a research professor. So why not just stop, if I don't plan on using it? I. Don't. Know.

Is it normal to obsess this much about quitting your job?

No comments:

Post a Comment