Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dropping like flies.

So, I lost a follower yesterday. To the best of my knowledge that's the first one I've lost. Was it the laundry basket? I promise, I don't leave her in it. It's not like I go take a nap while she chills in the laundry basket and plays with matches. Was it prostelytizing about cloth diapers, telling you you're an evil person if you use disposables?  Maybe I went a little too far there... Was it my messy house? Or am I just boring you? I guess I'll have to try harder.
I've been on a little bit of a crack-high lately. After a week of antibiotics my cough was NOT going away. I was still waking up 2 to 3 times a night with a fit of coughing that made me fear I would stop breathing altogether. This, on top of coughing all night long intermittently and keeping DH awake, it was a bad scene. So I started a serious dose of steroids a week ago, and it's wonderful. I still have some minor coughing fits, but I've been getting full night's of rest (this is partially attributable to my mother-in-law being in town and taking some of the night wakings.) So not only do I have the added energy from all those steroids, I have the added energy from multiple good nights of rest. Thus, the crack high.
You know that feeling you get after you've been sickity-sick and all of a sudden you feel better? The bird's sing. Your food tastes better. Even just walking down the sidewalk is a beautiful thing. I go off the steroids tomorrow, let's hope the bird's continue to sing.

*I'm fully aware how riddled with misplaced apostrophes this post is. Is it okay to pull the "chemist" card as an excuse for not going back to fix them?

6 comments:

  1. Well, you may have lost one, but you gained one yesterday too! I'm a friend of Maggie's and I love your blog so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the fold! Glad I haven't scared you off yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Thanks for the follow. Beautiful babe by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I lost a follower yesterday, too... then magically gained one. Weird! Glad you've been getting great sleep! Sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's just proof that people are crazy. I can't imagine any good reason to unfollow your blog.

    ReplyDelete