Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

::my toes are blushing::

A bit late to the party here.  I have just not had the energy/time to keep up with this here blog.  Rather than post partum depression (ppd), perhaps I am experiencing post partum blog absence.  I'm guessing that's incredibly insensitive to anyone suffering from ppd.  But I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being sensitive, so let's run with it.

Several weeks ago, Metta1313 over at 365daysofbeing30andmommy kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Award.  I'm not gonna lie, I love awards.  I particularly love awards I don't have to dust, so *curtsy*, thank you Metta.   

The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award are as follows:

1. Put the logo in my post or within my blog.
2. Pass the award onto 12 fellow bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within my post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by leaving a comment on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person who gave you the award!

I can tell you right now I'm not going to make it to 12.  Who has time to keep up with 12 blogs?  Actually, I do, but I'm mostly a tag-along follower.  You know, I read Dooce and Blair and all the other 1000+ followers blogs.  They don't need a sunshine award.  So this is reserved for the small-time bloggers.

1.  TwoTomatoes.  This is one funny lady, and I can verify this from having met her in person.  Furthermore, I get to work with her.  Was it this blog that got me the gig?  I don't think so, but it's a cool sidenote.

2.  Life with the Lairds.   I'm lucky to say I knew her when.  Her blog is beautiful and inspirational.  Always a reminder of what's important in life.  And her children are scrumptious.

3.  Postcards from parenthood.  I just started reading this blog, but I'm pretty convinced if I met Eliza in person I'd want to drink lots of martinis and talk about boys.

4.  The Battle Book. Another recent addition to the blog roll.  Not only is she writing about exotic adventures in a foreign land, but she's snarky and witty and as thrilling as a dirty romp in the sack. 

I have no idea if these ladies have already been nominated.   But even if they have, they deserved a standing ovation.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much! I'm truly honored that you thought of me!! It's always nice to hear that someone likes my blog! :)
    And yes, we would sooooooo drink martinis and talk about boys! Wait, do you know me in real life?? Well, you've got me pegged!
    I'm a fan of your blog as well! Mj just couldn't be cuter!!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I feel all sunshiny! Thanks for the shout out. I'm excited that we get to work together now too! Blogging - the new networking? Though it seems fair to point out that we were suckers for your extensive background in geology, climate, AND space science, in addition to your witty repartee. :)

    ReplyDelete