Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The rest of my life.

Although the mother and mother-in-law can ONLY ask about their impending grandchild, there are a few other (admittedly less exciting) things happening.

1. Our vegetable tomato garden.
Seriously, that's a garden. As in, we planted it and take responsibility for it. It used to have other things than just tomato's, but as you can see that is no longer the case. There used to be peas, and garlic, and lettuce, and swiss chard, and beans, and corn. Now it is just tomato's. Every year we swear we won't let the tomato's take over, and every year...

2. Tamales! I made 75 tamales on Sunday, and they are so good!
I roughly followed the recipe here. For the Masa, I did the following:
  • 4 cups masa
  • 2 tbs paprika
  • 2 tbs salt
  • 1.5 tbs cumin
  • 2 tsp oregano (it was probably quite a bit more, though, as I just dumped.)
  • 3 tbs garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 5 cups broth
I did sacrifice my arm to the endeavour, though:

But so worth it.

3. And I'm working on an abstract for a meeting in December. The idea of bringing the little one to a science conference is daunting, but I figure it's my future and I should embrace it. However, I thought I had until 20 September, and it turns out I have until next Thursday. Doh. So, better get this show on the road in case little one decides to make an early appearance.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man. Now I'm hungry. Those look amazing.

    Sorry about your burn!

    Wendi
    www.wendiaarons.com

    ReplyDelete