Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

 
By Oregon standards, it has been bitter cold this week. Even by Minnesota standards 12 degrees is pretty cold. But it turns out 12 degrees without wind is warm by Minnesota standards; I don't think I've ever experienced that combination before. It's been great to be back home; it's great to have Grandma there as a (very willing) babysitter and launderess, and enjoy the sunny cold weather (a rarity by Oregon standards).
MJ has been so alert I'm not sure what to do with her.  She can't sleep because she gets so excited by everything.  Unless she is totally isolated she cannot sleep.  Even in a completely quiet room, she still finds the items around her fascinating.  Everyone tells me this is a sign of a very intelligent baby, which, of course, makes me beam with pride; they probably say that to everyone, but I'm happy to think my baby is the smartest.  It's just that it's already hard to keep up with her.  And I know this is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment