Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas day, cont.

... but he is there to greet you with fuzzy slippers, which in my world is even better.  I was a bit grumpy yesterday, despite my attempts to enjoy my beautiful, snow covered, baby filled Christmas morn.  That is, I was grumpy until I got a nap yesterday afternoon.  We had a very quiet Christmas.  I thought it would be a bit sad, but it was actually wonderful.  After traveling and visiting for the last couple weeks, it was superb to stay in my pajamas all day and not have to drive in the storm. 

We opened presents in the morning, then DH went to work and I got to take a lovely nap while MJ slept and the wrapping paper littered the floor.  Our dear friends came over in the evening, we cooked dinner and watched a movie until DH got home. 

As anyone with a 3 month and 2 week old baby can tell you, it's amazing how much has changed in a year.  Last year at this time we were baby free, and the idea still seemed like a remote possibility.  We got our positive pregnancy test on December 30th, followed by several more positives as I tried to recover from the shock.  She is the best Christmas present ever.  And I know she will continue to be the best present.  I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we created her from scratch, and yet she is wholly indendent.  She has her own little personality that we have, as yet, played very little role in.  I never tire of watching her discover her world.    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment