Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dear Husband

I am sitting next to my big-old-science machine (Finnigan Neptune MC-ICPMS for anyone who cares) gathering some kick-ass data. But I am done thinking about science for today, I just want to let the machine do its thing and think about other things.

A brought me dinner in the lab, a god send. And apparently today he read my blog (for the first time). I have avoided talking about him because he gets nervous about being exposed to the interwebs, but today he felt left out. So I have been given permission to talk about A.

The quintessential my-husband-is-divine moment happened last week. It was the first day of my excruciating back woes. A worked a 10+ hour shift and got home when I was already in bed (though only semi-asleep, curled up in pain). He crawled into bed next to me, and probably was already drifting off to sleep, when I woke up and had the nerve to ask him for a back rub. At 1:30 in the morning. I felt terrible asking, it just hurt so bad. He didn't know yet about my terrible back woes, because they had just hit that day while he was at work. But he did it. Enthusiastically, even. He has un-grudgingly given me a back rub every time I've asked for one, which is sometimes in the double digits per day. And I feel like the luckiest girl on earth every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment