Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

A spattering of nursery.

Well, I'm apparently already a slacker momma. The weight gain metaphor? Still at 27 weeks. Today? 30 weeks!!! 3 weeks overdue. I know everyone loves sock monkeys, but that's insufficient justification. But it turns out that Parents.com, where I was linking to, has no comparisons past 27 weeks (though I didn't realize this until today, it's just a convenient excuse). Apparently, from here on out there is so much variability in fetal weight gain that they stop the metaphors. Half the time I'm hoping for a big baby, to justify my above average weight gain, but then I remember that no matter the size of the baby it has to come out of the same size hole. Then I hope for an average baby.

It's hard for me to realize that baby could survive on her own right now. I'm hoping she doesn't make a go of it for a while yet, but she could. And in two more weeks her survivability dramatically goes up outside of this here ute. Wow, how did she already get so big? I went to Babies 'R Us yesterday to register (some stuff you can't register for online) and was looking at the 12 month clothing, already sad about how quickly she'll apparently grow.

The other debacle of the past few weeks has been the nursery. I had a whole scheme. I had an inspiration nursery. I bought paint. But it's not going to work. I started scraping the cracked paint from the previous owners, only to realize I was scraping off 5 layers of paint, not 1. Which means, in our 100 year old house, that it was certainly leaded. I talked to the paint people: no good way around this, other than to scrape everything down, prime and try again. But, being as the previous paint really wasn't in bad shape, and was a nice cream color, I just couldn't do it. Fatigue has been hitting me hard core, and my feet constantly hurt. It was no longer worth dealing with something that didn't need to be done.

So the nursery design has started over. Here's what we have so far:
Crib set



















Crib

















Rug






















And art...












































Not to mention a garage sale glider and a dresser I picked up free off the curb. Everything looks a bit ragtag at the moment, we'll have to see how this comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment