Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Recovery

Well, I spent all day yesterday puking my brains out. Awful. No clue why, but of course I spent the day paranoid that it was more than a 24-hour bug. DH kept telling me it wasn't listeriosis but I kept thinking back to all the things I ate in Costa Rica that perhaps I shouldn't have. It seems to have passed, though my body feels completely wiped out. Perhaps as much from sitting inside, bed ridden, as anything else.

I must officially look pregnant, because people have started to ask. This was in Costa Rica, where I wasn't as covered up in sweaters, but it's nice to finally look pregnant and not just fat. I also had the first people request to rub my belly on Friday. They're friends, so I let them, but I still don't like it. I haven't really figured out how I'm going to respond to this. Chances are I'll just be passive aggressive and silently annoyed. *Sigh*

Last excitement on the horizon is finding out the sex in 2 weeks. I am shocked by the number of people who think it's awful I want to find out . I keep hearing "It's the last great surprise". Personally, I don't want any surprises at the birth. The more boring, the better. Furthermore, the majority of people who give me a hard time have never had a kid. I felt differently before getting pregnant, too. These are the same people who support a woman's "right to choose" but still feel they have the right to tell me what I should be doing. Irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment