Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's a...

girl! We found out a few days ago, and I think it's really started to sink in. I confess, I was a little suprised, because I had myself entirely convinced that it was a boy. But I'm totally psyched... we're having a girl...

My thoughts on having a girl, thus far
1. I already feel a bit sorry for her future boyfriends. I think A will be the quintessential over-protective Dad.
2. I really don't like pink. I wonder if this is something I have any say in, or whether this just means she'll like pink that much more.
3. She's been kicking. A lot. This is a big part of the reason I thought it was going to be a boy, but it turns out she's just a kicker. She's likely to either be a soccer player or a hell-raiser. Or both. Oh dear.
4. I'd like to think I can do girl's hair and I won't try to convince her to chop it off. But if history is any guide, she may (like me) be doomed to short hair.

Best of all, though, is that everything was great in the ultrasound. No apparent causes for concern of any kind. In fact, nothing throughout this entire pregnancy has been problematic so far. I feel really, really blessed.

Came down with more food poisoning, or something of the sort, yesterday. I think my body is making up for the lack of hangover's by forcing me to puke for other reasons. Lord I hate puking. I think it has got to be the worst type of sickness, and it seems so frequent lately.

Other than that, we're starting to make our big ticket purchases. We ordered the crib and the car seat. We have one cheap-o stroller, which I hope to supplement by baby wearing and not need a second. I am, in fact, very excited about baby wearing. The idea of having a baby strapped to me all the time is actually really appealing; maybe because I've always liked kangaroos?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your little girl! I found your blog from the nest when I should have been cleaning the house... anyway, I also share your love of babywearing, and wanted to recommend the moby... it's great for all babies from teeny newborns to big chunky almost-year-olds... but rather than buying mine, I made it myself, saving a lot of money! Just wanted to give you that recommendation, because choosing a carrier for me was really overwhelming once I started looking into the various types :-) Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete