Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

19 weeks

 
Due Date: 1 August.

Weight Gain:  14 lbs. 14 whopping pounds, already.  At my midwife appointment last week she was unconcerned.  So far I feel good, but I just want to do everything I can to stay that way.

Symptoms: I feel intermittent movement many times a day, but it's never intense. I seem to remember much more movement at this point with MJ.  My midwife commented that my placenta is in front and that I likely won't feel movement until later (20 to 22 weeks); perhaps this explains the lack of much movement.

Sleep:  Glorious.

I am loving: Being "cute" pregnant.  I know that in the not too distant future I will be grotesque pregnant, so it's nice to have a relatively small, non-offensive bump for the time being.  Before getting pregnant with MJ I would often admire baby bumps.  Women in ads for maternity clothing always look very cute.  When I got pregnant, I came to realize that the cute bump was early in pregnancy.  No one advertises the full term pregnant baby bump.  (I know that for some lucky souls they look cute to the end, but for the majority of us earthlings that just isn't true...)

I miss: Nothing.  Life is glorious.
 
I'm spazzing about:  Getting huge.  I was IN SO MUCH PAIN last time.  I don't want to repeat that.  I'm exercising.  But my appetite is ridiculous and there you go.

Milestones/Progress: Baby is a mango!  Which I'm allergic to!  My midwife appointment last week was nice, though a complete waste of time.  Sometimes I'm tempted to skip them, but just can't bring myself to.  But we did schedule the anatomy scan.  Last time I was dying to know if we were having a boy or a girl, and I felt no concern that there would be anything wrong.  This time I just know or know of too many people who've had sad news at their ultrasound.  So this time I'm nervous.  I really don't care what we're having, at all, which I didn't think was possible.  I always assumed people have a preference and don't want to share it.  I do want to know just so I can plan and decorate, but either answer is fine.  Healthy is all I'm after. 

My firstborn: Needs a haircut.  I keep telling myself that I'll take her in, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  She's worked hard on that hair.  It's pretty cute when I can put it in a pony tail.  And she was BORN with it.  I'm just not ready for that milestone... maybe our friend Nate was onto something when he cute his daughter's hair on his own so that it didn't become a big thing. 

I owe y'all a post on other stuff.  Work stuff.  That is coming, though I really have nothing big to say about it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and format. I have been following you. See you soon

    ReplyDelete