Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

It's official.

I'm taking a new job.  Starts 9 January.  75% time.  I'm a little disappointed with the pay, but in all other aspects it sounds perfect.  I have to remind myself, though, that my current "hourly" rate is not legitimate, because I have to spend so much additional time prepping and grading.  So supposing that this job doesn't have outside time commitments, and supposing I actually really enjoy it, then it will be worth it.

Now I want my current job to be finished, so I can get some other things in my life done before starting back to more hours.  The list of things I'd like to accomplish?

1)  A bed frame for our bed
2)  Pictures on the walls
3)  Boxes in the basement finally unpacked.
4)  There's some other things, but I'll spare you the details for the time being.

I can't decide if I'm looking forward to actually having to look presentable or not.  If someone could just make me magically look presentable, and I have an excuse to not be wearing yoga pants all day, then that sounds good.  But getting up and actually looking professional every day?  Sounds a little bit much. 

As if to encourage my decision to work more, MJ has been a total terror lately.  Constant challenge to authority, constant defiance, and sometimes just downright nasty.  I think a little more time apart will do us both some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment