Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Ummm.... crib.....

I logged on this morning to post a pic of our crib. And, truly, to avoid writing this odious paper about the uranium cycle. I'm sure most of you don't need details about why this is odious, the words "uranium cycle" are sufficient. To me, "uranium cycle" sounds exciting, but I'll spare you the details of why it's not as exciting as it sounds.

Anyway, the crib.

A and I put this together on Sunday and I think it's just beautiful. Exactly what I was hoping for, matches our trim, not overly cutesy. (Thanks, Mom!) One of the sides is cracked, but Albeebaby is sending another piece, so I'm happy. And as you can tell, it has become the much needed storage bin for all the baby crap we're accumulating.

But here's what this post has turned into. I logged on, and saw TONS of traffic on this site (yes, I consider 10 people a ton). Not sure why, but I like to have some idea of whether anyone in the ether is reading my rambling; I think I tend to hold my tongue more when I know that they are. And it was all coming from A real baby peach, a blog I discovered in my first weeks of pregnancy. The writer of this blog is due about a week before me, and therefore I felt a kinship with her blog from my early days (because 3 months is ages ago). I got a post from her a few days ago that she had discovered my blog, and my little heart went pitter patter. And now she has passed on an award to me, and I feel very humbled:


The citation reads:
"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…"

Which is tricky, because I'm not much of a blog reader. And my favorite blog, Dooce, is widely read and doesn't really need an additional award. The other blog that I read, A real baby peach, nominated me, so it feels like a copout to just bounce it back. So I'll start with A Midwest Girl. Let me get back to you on the other 2, I don't want to make this decision lightly.

Anyway, in light of this prestigious honor, the crib suddenly feels so unimportant. But lord knows, baby's gotta sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment