Sunday, October 30, 2011

Because Concise

1.  I have given up on my Halloween, and now throw all my effort into MJ's Halloween.  At some point, there are a few holidays that parents just don't really celebrate, because a) it's impossible to find a sitter for Halloween weekend, b) waving bye-bye to MJ for a date night dressed as a slutty nurse just doesn't seem right and c) little kids in costume are so much more fun to see than grownups in costume.  So it is no longer my holiday, and I'm 99% okay with that (there's a small part of me that misses it, but then I just eat some of her candy and forget about it...)

2.  We are holding off on Clomid for now.  We are trying some other hormone options first, if only to convince myself we've done everything we can before we take the plunge.  I continue to read Jennepper's blog and cannot comprehend the bad stuff she has to go through.  I know she did IVF not Clomid, and I know the odds of such things are rare, but should that happen to us I want to to know it was not a rash decision.

3.  Winter is fast approaching.  I am busy figuring out activities for MJ, but it is starting to sink in that this is the hard part of being a stay at home Mom.  To be fair, I am only home three days a week, but with DH working many weekends and evenings, some weeks it is closer to 5 days alone with her.  She is starting to enter attitude territory, complete with tongue-sticking out, "I don't want to", jumping up and down tantrums.

4.  I may not be a pseudo-stay-at-home-mom much longer.  I have to decide as of tomorrow (or so, they said I could take longer) whether to take a full time position.  The job sounds interesting, the people seem very nice, but it's so hard to fathom going back to full time.   Though I've come to realize I'm not a very good stay at home mom; I'm not very patient and I get bored fairly easily.  I had visions of something different, and while I enjoy seeing more of her, I'm not convinced the amount of quality time I spend with her has gone up much.  As of this moment I'm 85% sure I'll take the position, but I am waiting to see the actual offer in writing (it's only been verbal so far.)

No comments:

Post a Comment