Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

4 months

This was a big month for you, little man.  This month you lost two of your favorite things: your pacifier and your swaddle.  But you also started nursing and started sleeping better.  This month brought many, many smiles.  Some true belly laughs.  This month was the month that I can no longer quite remember what our family was like without you.  You seem to have always been here.  You have just started to pull hair, and Greta looks utterly shocked when you manage to get a hold of hers: she stares at you in disbelief that you are becoming a worthy opponent.  And then she laughs.

You have started to become fascinated with Vito, though you haven't managed to get a hold of him yet.  You had two nights when you slept through the night, from 7 pm to 6 am.  But the rest of the time you are up one to two times a night.  I am already getting spoiled with your better sleep, because now I feel like I am still exhausted and you need to be sleeping better, though I know this is world's better than you were doing and I'll probably just put up with it for now.

You're still not very good at nursing.  If you are at all sleepy, you just fall asleep at the breast.  This is the same issue you've had since you were born.  I think the reason you're nursing better now is that you are more alert, so you have periods in the day when you actually nurse well.  But prior to you starting to nurse, 1 week before you turned 4 months, I was only pumping about 20 ounces a day, so I know my supply is not great.  And for me, as soon as my supply starts to go down, I seem to be unable to get it back up, no matter how much I pump or nurse.  Don't know why that is, but with 3 kids now that has always been the case.  So we nurse 4 to 5 times a day, I figure you get somewhere between 10 and 20 ounces, and I try not to stress about it beyond that.

Your sisters adore you.  Greta is still warming up to all this, but she is starting to really enjoy "playing" with you, as much as a 21 month old can play with a baby.  This is going to be alright.  In fact, this is going to be better than alright.








No comments:

Post a Comment