Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Luckiest mama alive

Okay, I haven't been talking much about Madeline. Being as this is, unavoidably, a mommy blog, I am supposed to talk about my baby. That's how these things work. That's what people expect out of a mommy blog. So why haven't I been talking much about my darling baby? Because all those mama's will slaughter me. Because, truly, I have been blessed with one of the easiest infants ever.

Don't believe me? She was sleeping through the night by 2 weeks. By three weeks she was sleeping between 6 to 8 hrs a night, and at two months she's up to 8 to 10 hrs a night. This is a breastfed baby. She wakes up happy. She cries when she's hungry or needs to be fed. We might have a total of 15 minutes of unexplained crying throughout the day, and the rest of the time she is happy. She predictably takes a nap from ~1 pm to 5 pm. She nurses well. She smiles a lot.

That is why I don't talk much about her. Because I'm afraid I will be hunted down for being happy and well rested. You are not supposed to have a 1 month old and feel sane, apparently. It starts to become more acceptable to be sane with a 2 month old, which is why I'm finally coming out of the closet.

2 comments:

  1. If I end up hunting you down, it's not to clabber you. It's to ask you HOW IN THE WORLD YOU GOT THE SLEEPING THING TO HAPPEN!

    Frank was two before he slept through the night with any consistency...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! Ethan is still waking up 2-3 (or 4 or 5) times a night @ almost 4 months. And he always cries before nap time (and occationally at bed time) - probably because he's tired but doesn't want to sleep...

    ReplyDelete