Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Brown chicken, brown cow.


I had an ultrasound last week for a Downs screen. During the exam I could see little hands move whenever the ultrasound tech. pushed on my belly. It was just amazing. It was the first time it clicked that this thing that's growing is actually human.

A was bummed he couldn't be at the ultrasound, so I stopped by the ER today and he did another quick ultrasound. It looks like there might be some thumb sucking! I researched online, and though there's some disagreement about when exactly thumb sucking starts, some place it as early as 7 to 9 weeks.

I also read that there's a relationship between prenatal thumbsucking and postnatal handedness, but unfortunately I can't quite figure out the orientation oft the baby relative to this picture. I think the head is down, which I think makes it the right hand, but I'm not sure.

Last thing I have to say, is that I got the first completely unnecessary baby item. But really, I think it was necessary. Brown chicken, brown cow?

No comments:

Post a Comment